CellaVision works to advance laboratory workflow and diagnostic certainty through intelligent microscopy. We are a world leader in digital microscopy and offer a full solution including instruments and reagents. Our products are used in health care services around the globe. We work at the forefront of technology and use many of the latest advances in programming, chemistry, digital imaging, and machine learning. Joining our company means you will play an essential role in elevating healthcare through the evolution of microscopy.
Position: Software Engineer C++
Location: Lund, Sweden
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
How will you contribute?
As a member of the Software team in the Hardware department, you will develop and maintain the embedded software and PC software for the analyzers and accessories. The analyzers are equipped with high resolution optics, precision mechanics and specialized image processing. The Hardware department consists of mechanical, software and electronics engineers, each contributing with their specific knowledge and cooperate in solving interdisciplinary problems and turning ideas into products. You will participate in the whole development process of medical devices while working in an international environment where quality, development, and innovation are constantly in focus.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Develop and maintain FPGA-based embedded systems, both with Linux and bare metal.
- Develop and maintain PC software for controlling the embedded systems.
- Develop and maintain applications for production, test, and calibration.
- Test and conduct investigations of products and prototypes.
- Participate in the design of systems using a combination of PC software, embedded software, electronics, mechanics, and optics.
- Review designs, reports, and source code contributions from colleagues.
Please read more about working with our team https://career.cellavision.com/departments/hardware
What will you bring?
- You have a M.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering, Embedded Systems, or equivalent degree.
- You have good experience in programming skills, especially in modern C++.
- You have an ability to understand the architecture and design of large software systems.
- You have a solid sense of responsibility. You take initiatives and come up with new proposals for working methods.
- You are good at evaluating and solving problems with the right combination of mechanical, electrical and software approaches.
- You bring creative ideas for planning, organizing, and prioritizing the workflow effectively.
- You know or have an interest in learning VHDL or C#.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
What we offer?
At CellaVision, we believe that Employee Recognition, Communication & Collaboration, Innovation & Continuous Improvement help us develop into the very best version of ourselves. Our culture is one of teamwork, partnerships, and caring relations. We also believe in having fun together!
We offer flexible working hours and depending on the role the possibility of hybrid work. Through our collective agreement, you have substantial coverage both if you fall ill and for your retirement. It also provides a time bank for some extra time off and new parents a supplement when staying home with their small child.
We believe in having fun together and meet for breakfast on Fridays, different team activities and company festivities. Some of our engaged team members lead running groups, games nights and meet ‘n’ eat lunches. In our office there is a free gym as well as a parking garage for bicycles and access to showers, we also provide all our people with a wellness allowance to support a healthy lifestyle.
Ready to apply?
We work with a continuous selection so please apply sooner than later via our career site.
We do not accept application by email.
Diversity is in our blood
At CellaVision we understand not only the uniqueness of blood cells but also of people. We strongly believe in the power of diversity and recognize it as a driver of innovation. We are committed to building an inclusive culture for all our people.
CellaVision is a non-discriminatory workplace where qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, nationality, ethnic or social origin, age, religion, political orientation, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, family or marital status, pregnancy, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.
More about us
CellaVision® was established in Sweden in 1994 with a vision to simplify, standardize, and digitize the manual analysis of blood cells in hematology laboratories. The company’s long-term success is a result of our commitment to innovation. Our goal is to provide value to patients, customers, and distributors by incorporating smart solutions into everything we do. Our research and development focus on offering superior analytical and diagnostic certainty by creating an ecosystem that combines reagents with hardware and software. Today CellaVision has 250 employees, with global Headquarters in Lund, Sweden.
The company has market support offices in 16 markets and a presence in over 40 countries with reagent development and manufacturing performed in Martillac, France.
For more information visit www.cellavision.com
Working together with human and artificial intelligence to advance diagnostics. - it’s in our blood.